Wednesday, September 5, 2007

September 4—Dream of Yoga-cation

Seems like a long weekend just isn't long enough. I didn’t get away from work this summer, so I seriously need some relaxing. I want to stay home, chill out, play with my dog, but not get bored. Also, I'm cheap. Sounds like I need a yoga-cation.

What's a yoga-cation? Well, it's like taking a vacation, only without plane tickets, passports, travel irons, or toting rolley luggage everywhere. I got a pass to Greenbelt Om online (that was stress-free), and I told my boss I'll be off for a week (that felt good too). Now I'm just going to show up to every class Greenbelt Om has – well, except that prenatal one, probably – and have a rich, relaxing yoga-cation.

I've also scheduled a couple massages at Pleasant Touch, since they help me de-stress too. I can go right from a massage into yoga class or from yoga into a massage. I feel better just thinking about it!

I'll chronicle my experiences with the yoga-cation over the week I take it. Already, just knowing it's coming up, I feel more relaxed and open.

No comments: