Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 2 of Yogacation

Lots of yoga today. I did Super Gentle Yoga with Melissa this morning. I never knew that so much yoga could be done in a chair. We set up folding chairs and never left them for the entire class time. They were poses that could easily and not very embarrassingly be done at work. Also good for older folks -- in fact Melissa said she teaches a class at a senior center.

After some strenuous shopping and napping in the middle of the day, I headed out in the evening and did Carol's Kripalu II and and I. The advanced class is held at 6:00 pm, the beginner class at 7:30 pm. I wasn't sure I would be able to do two classes in a row, but I did! It was like one long flow, since the vigorous practice came first and then a gentler sequence. I could definitely do that again. It was like blanking out of the world for a few hours straight in a much more healthy way than an after-work cocktail. During the advanced class I even noticed I had a faster heart rate for about 15 minutes, like a little cardio workout. If you're an advanced student, stay for the later class to prolong your practice. I was able to get more relaxed over the three hours than I would have with just a 1.5 hour session.

No comments: